It’s frustrating to have to deal with broken or failing home appliances, and inconvenient when you can’t use them. Unfortunately, large household appliances will begin to act up as they get older, which is why you need to clean and maintain them throughout their lifetime. Your home dryer is one such appliance that requires regular attention. Here are six signs that it’s time for professional dryer repair in Erie County, NY:
- Hot clothes: Your dryer should cool down your dry clothes at the end of the drying cycle, not leave them hot or warm. If your clothes come out hot or the inside of the dryer is very hot to the touch, then the machine is not ventilating properly. This type of problem not only contributes to energy waste, but can also cause the heating element and blower to wear out before they should.
- Burning smell: There should never be a burning smell coming from the dryer, whether it’s on or off. If you do smell burning, the dryer is not venting the way it is supposed to, and you run the risk of burning your clothes. This can happen because the hot air cannot escape, causing things to heat up more than usual inside the machine. Additionally, lint is a highly flammable material. If lint gets trapped or is not cleared away, the dryer cannot vent and may cause a fire.
- Long drying time: Start tracking the amount of time it takes for your laundry to dry as soon as you notice your dryer having issues. There are a number of maintenance problems that will reduce the efficiency of your dryer, and your clothes will start needing more time to dry completely. The most common observation homeowners make is their dryer taking an extra five, 10 or 15 minutes or even longer for the cycle to finish. To prevent further problems, address the issue with a laundry appliance repair professional right away.
- Drum not spinning: Unless your dryer is more than 15 years old and has been exhibiting poor function, a drum that is not spinning does not necessarily mean the machine is broken and needs to be replaced. The first thing you should do is call an experienced appliance repair technician to perform an inspection. They can tell you if the problem is a snapped belt or something worse.
- Malfunctioning hood: Take a look on the outside wall of your house that’s closest to where your dryer is. There’s a vent—you should be able to see this vent opening from the outside, as well as find lint or debris around the house. Having too much lint trapped inside the dryer vent may call for professional service.
- No pro service: As simple as basic dryer maintenance is, not all homeowners take the time to do it. Whether you’ve never had an inspection performed or it’s been a long time, call a laundry appliance service company today. Having your dryer professionally inspected and cleaned every year reduces the risk of fires and carbon monoxide leaks.
Need dryer repair in Erie County, NY? Contact All Appliances Parts & Service, Inc. today!
Categorised in: Dryer Repair
This post was written by Writer